In adopting these fundamental tenets, we strive toward the following ideals:2
- The highest priority is to satisfy the client through early, continuous, and perceptible delivery of customer value.
- Start where you are, and welcome change. We harness change for our clients' and our communities' benefit.
- Deliver quality outcomes regularly, consistently, and as quickly as circumstances allow. Where a final outcome isn't possible, deliver tangible progress.
- Team members must communicate and collaborate frequently—ideally daily—throughout the matter.
- Build teams of motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information is face-to-face conversation.
- Measurement is essential; use it to drive continuous improvement.
- Agile processes promote sustainable delivery. Everyone involved should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Technical excellence and good design enhance agility.
- Simplicity—the art of maximizing the amount of work not done—is essential.
- The best results emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Want to learn more?
Let's discuss ways to make your legal services organization more Agile.